Register online by Monday, September 21, 2020.
**Webinar log-in information will be sent out via email the day prior on September 21, 2020.
Disclaimer: The content does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Clinical TMS Society or its members and is solely determined by the sponsor.
This session will provide an overview of the workflow for the StimGuide 3D Navigation System and how it can be used in the clinical setting to improve:
- Precise and consistent coil placement
- Quality control and consistency for both novice and expert TMS technicians
- Simplifying MT determination utilizing EMG option
Session Objectives: Upon completion of the presentation, the participant should have a clear understanding about how 3D navigation and EMG can be used in the clinical setting to optimize TMS treatments, and how it differs from other navigation systems that require an MRI. Specifically, the following aspects will be covered:
- Registration of treatment target(s) and how these can be recalled for subsequent treatment sessions to ensure reliable coil positioning for both novice and expert technicians.
- Positioning the coil in the pre-determined treatment target by aligning the 4 parameters (xy location, contact, tilt, & rotation) within the specified tolerances
- Utilizing EMG to facilitate rMT Determination
- Tracking and monitoring coil position in real-time to maintain consistent positioning during a treatment
- How StimGuide can be used as a quality management tool for clinical sites that have multiple technicians and treaters
Dr. Lance Foster is a Child and Family Psychiatrist at Northwest Arkansas Psychiatry. He is Board Certified in General Psychiatry and also in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. He serves as an adjunct Associate Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. Dr. Foster is a member of the Clinical TMS Society and provides TMS therapy for patients suffering from depression. Dr. Foster was the Chief Medical Officer and a staff psychiatrist at Ozark Guidance Center for 15 years. As a staff psychiatrist, he provided psychiatric care for preschool through adult, Therapeutic Day Treatment programs, and the Child and Adolescent residential program. Dr. Foster is professionally affiliated with the American Psychiatric Association, Arkansas Psychiatric Society, American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, and the American College of Physician Executives.
Dr. Randall Staley joined Northwest Arkansas Psychiatry in 2018. Dr. Staley is board certified in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Adult Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. He has practiced primarily with children and adolescents for more than 10 years, working with ADHD and other issues in Northwest Arkansas. Dr. Staley is a member of the Clinical TMS Society and provides TMS therapy for patients suffering from depression.